PlayStation 3 Yellow Led of Death (YLOD)
Today I got a Yellow Led of Death on my PS3. The PS3 does not turn on and the all you see is the power led going fro Red to Green, then to Yellow, then you hear three fast beeps, and finaly the LED blinks Red and nothing else happens.
I seems that the only solution is to send the PS3 back to Sony. They will do it for free if your’s is still under warantee if not you’ll need to spend $150 USD. The RMA process should take about 10 days.
If this happens to you, and like me you have a Game disk inside the PS3, you’ll also find out that the eject button will not work, and you will not be able to remove your disk.
Some people reported that Sony did not send their games back with the new console, so I was worried about loosing an additional $50.
I found a way to eject the disk:
- Power off the PS3 on the main switch on the back of the console
- Press and hold the Eject button
- Turn on the main power switch
- The PS3 LED will go green and the fan will spin at max speed
- Wait a few seconds and press the eject button a couple of times, the disk should now eject
- watch the PS3 die after 30s or so…
This procedure did not fix my PS3 but at least I got my disk back before sending it to Sony for repair.
Let me know if this worked for you?